He used to wear whatever he found, cotton or wool, but mostly he used to wear cotton.
- He liked green clothes.
Hazrat Abu Huraira says, "He wore the long, loose shirts, the burda and the habra and the jubba, and he wore the turban with a face-veil and loose-ended, the izar and the rida."
- Hazrat Jabir ibn Samurah says, "I saw Rasulallah on a moonlit night. He had a red cloak over his body, and I looked attentively in turn towards him and the moon. Certainly, he appeared to me more beautiful than the moon itself."
- He used to wear the white turban and the black turban and sometimes the red turban.
He used to leave a tail at the back of his turban.
Imam Tabari said "he used to have a turban of seven arms' length."
And on that glorious day of Victory, the day when Rasulallah walked into Makkah Sharif, while destroying and removing 360 idols from the Ka’bah, he wore upon his head a black turban as reported by Jabir bin Abdullah (Sahih Muslim).
- He had a turban by the name of Sahab (the Clouds) which he gave to Hazrat Ali .
- Rasulallah also used to wear a silver ring on his right hand, engraved with the words "Muhammadur Rasulallah."
Once Hazrat Jibrail (AS) appeared in the presence of Rasulallah , presenting him a ring of red Cornelian (also known as akeek stone) and asked him to wear it.
Since then, wearing a ring of Cornelian is Sunnah of Rasulallah , and many Saints have also worn this stone.
- Rasulallah used to wear khuffs (leather socks) on his feet.
- He liked perfumes and fragrant scents.
- He never desired luxuries, and did not even have a bed as he was more concerned about the welfare of his Ummah.
His mattress was made from tree leaves.
- He had a big cloak which he used to put on the floor and sit on.
Sometimes he use to sleep on a reed mat or directly on the floor.