Ramadan is a great opportunity to draw from the treasures of Allah. Numerous benefits of Ramadan have been mentioned. Among them are:
1. It strengthens one's ties with Allah and trains the soul to observe duties of devotion in accordance with the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).
2. It enforces patience and determination in the Muslim individual.
3. It promotes the principle of sincerity by keeping the Muslim away from arrogance and showing off, since it is an act between the individual and his Creator.
4. It promotes good character, particularly truthfulness and trust-worthiness.
5. It encourages the Muslim to do away with bad habits and change his/her circumstances for the better.
6. It enhances generosity, hospitality, and spending on charitable causes.
7. It reinforces feelings of unity and brotherhood among Muslims.
8. It instills orderliness and close observance of the value of time.
9. It serves as an opportunity for children to perform acts of obedience and to practice Islamic acts of worship.
10. It offers a chance to balance one's attention to both physical and spiritual needs.
Insha Allah, this month will provide us all with the opportunity to benefit in this manner; the opportunity to nourish our Deen (Way of life) and increase the nûr (light) in our hearts; the opportunity to fortify ourselves for the challenges of today, tomorrow, the next day, the next month, and beyond.
Also remember that Ramadan has a specific and definite relationship as well as a close connection with the Qur’aan. Allah Subhanahu wa ta’aala says:
“It is the month of Ramadan in which the Quran was revealed, a Guidance for mankind with clear teachings, showing the Right Way, and a criterion of truth and falsehood - (Qur’an 2:185).
Ramadan is the month of the Quran and the Quran has four rights over us: to read/recite it; to understand and act upon its instruction and guidance; to comprehend its teachings; and to preach and convey its message.