Bismillahir Rahmaan Nir Rahim
Effect of Sadaqah
Abu HurairahRadhiAllahuAnhu narrates that Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said : "A person was walking through a barren landwhen he heard a voice from a cloud saying, 'Go and water the garden of so and so person.' Accordingly, the cloud moved in the direction and rained upon a rocky piece of land. All the water was gathered in a channel and began to flow along this pathway. The man followed the water until he came upon a man standing in his orchard and redirecting this water with his spade.
The person asked the man (of the orchard) : "O slave of Allah, what is your name?"
He told him his name and it was the very same name he had heard in the cloud.
The man (of the orchard) asked : "O slave of Allah, why do ask my name?"
He replied : "I heard a voice from the cloud whose water this is taking your name and saying, 'Go and water the orchard of this person.' Please tell me what do you with this orchard (that is so merritorious) ?
The man replied : "Now that you have asked I will tell you. From the total produce of the orchard a third I give in Sadaqah, a third I keep for myself and my family and a third I re-invest into the orchard." (Sahih Muslim)
1. Allah fulfils the needs of his obedient servants through unseen avenues.
2. Sadaqah (charity) to the poor and needy increases ones wealth.
3. Rain and all other bounties are in the control of Allah.
4. Spending on ones family with the correct intention is also an act of worship.
5. There is great merit in a person earning sustenance by his own efforts and hard work.